2006-06-22

Ridiculously French

So I heard nothing from the organisers of the ECPR grad conference since submitting my proposal ages ago, only that since I was a slacker and turned it in on the deadline that I wouldn't be on one of the pre-arranged panels, submitted together.

Then I got emails this week from a panel that apparently I'm on, starting with this, which could hardly if it tried be any more French:

Dear All,
I am writing to you in connection with the First Graduate Conference taking place in Essex in septembre 2006.
We may try to decide amongst ourselves who shall act as the chair/discussant.
We could also try to find a deadline for the papers (in August), so that the papers circulate amongst us before the conference.
I suggest that instead of having one discussant for all the papers, all of us could discuss one paper. Would you agree ?

No comments: