I think health should be a byproduct of eating well, for reasons that have nothing to do with health, such as cooking meals, eating together and eating real food. You’re going to be healthy, but that’s not the goal. The goal should just be eating well for pleasure, for community, and all the other reasons people eat.
Posted by Michael Malecki at 1:40 PM
Directly relevant to a discussion Nick and I were having about constraints on choices.
faced with certain options, people will consistently make the wrong choice. Therefore, they argue, people should be offered options that work with, rather than against, their unreasoning tendencies.
Posted by Michael Malecki at 7:10 PM
- smoked chicken salad, fresh mayonnaise
- chicken and shrimp red curry, sticky rice, cucumber salad
- quiche with bacon, spinach, mustard greens; salad
- ma po tofu, lili potato thing, brown jasmine rice
- kibbe & falafel, basbusa
- spinach risotto or spinach gnocchi
- mini lemon-custard and blueberry tart
Posted by Michael Malecki at 3:14 PM
Mardi Gras this week (with several inches of snow on the ground, ha) means no Soulard market. Foodlist for a marketless week.
- Veg. Lasagna (Made in Dec, Frozen)
- Lentil soup, no-knead bread
- Black bean soup and cornbread
- Seared tuna with sweet potato
- Lentil dal, radish paratha
Posted by Michael Malecki at 10:55 AM