2005-07-19

you know those infomercials

Perfect Pancake! ORDER NOW!where they show the "old, bad way" of doing something like making pancakes? – cut to black and white, flinging batter around the kitchen, accidentally throwing the cat on the griddle, and the reënactor says, "If only there were a better way!" – and then this new exciting technology fixes everything and gives you the best orgasm of your life.

That's what this description of fruit stickers from an NYT article about tattoo labels made me think of:

fruit tattooer
The process, government approved and called safe by the industry, may sound sinister. But it was designed with the consumer in mind: laser coding could mean the end of those tiny stubborn stickers that have to be picked, scraped or yanked off produce.
Sticker-removal duty took Jean Lemeaux of Clarksville, Tex., half an hour one day last week.
"I was picking all the little stickers from the Piggly Wiggly off my plums and my avocado pears and my peaches," said Ms. Lemeaux, 76. "Then I had to make fruit salad out of the ones that got hurt when I took the stickers off, and then I had to wash the glue off the other ones before I put them in the fruit bowl."
"One time," she said, "I got up the next morning and looked in the mirror and there were two of them up in my hair."

No comments: