adapted from 660 curries: chile-spiked eggplant with lemongrass and scallions
Put all this stuff in a food processor and pulse until minced.
- ½ cup firmly packed fresh cilantro leaves and stemms, chopped
- 2 tbsp finely chopped lemongrass
- 1tsp sat
- 4 medium size cloves of garlic
- 2–4 frseh green thai ciles
- 2 large kaffir lime leaves
Then heat oil in a skillet over high heat and put in the eggplant, followed by the tasty stuff above. Stir-fry to partially cook the eggplant and the herbs, 1–2 min.
- 2tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large eggplant, about 1½ lbs, cut into french-fry-size fingers
- 1 large tomato, cored and cubed
- ½ cup finely chopped scallions
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh basil
Add the tomato and continue to cook, uncovered, stirring frequently, until the tomato softens and the eggplant is tender, 10–15 min.
Stir in the scallions and basil, and serve.