2007-02-03

bizarre.

The house next to my apartment – a single-family structure on a street of 6-unit buildings mostly – has been as far as I know empty for the entire time I've been here. There was, however, a mean foreign (german or eastern european of some variety) woman who I learned owned this place. She has a daughter, but I only saw them rarely. She thought it was appropriate to yell at me about something involving trash and the dumpster one time; I kind of went off on her.

So, sometime last year or the year before, she and her man-folk, working on the weekends, built a detached, unheated garage out back (in addition to a strange cement-slab back yard with a cesspool, or birdbath the size of a kiddie pool).

Today, I see a crew of men (not hers) knocking the thing down. WTF?!

No comments: