- red tropea onion
- green and purple bell peppers
- lemon basil!
- green beans
- garlic and tomatoes*
But that’s just a little crude, don’t you think?
To make the [abstinence-only] point, Mr. Love grabbed a tape dispenser and snapped off two fresh pieces. He slapped them to his filing cabinet and the floor; they trapped dirt, lint, a small metal bolt. “Now when it comes time for them to get married, the marriage pulls apart so easily,” he said, trying to unite the grimy strips. “Why? Because they gave the stickiness away.”
Posted by Michael Malecki at 9:48 AM
- crêpes with corn and golden beets, goat cheese and ricotta; served with steamed green beans and carrots, and beurre blanc; cantaloupe-basil sorbet
- thai eggplant curry, sticky rice
- zucchini tacos
- spaghetti with overgrown arugula, broccoli, and walnuts
- chicken paprikás with cucumber-onion salad
Posted by Michael Malecki at 3:15 PM
Half the summer still remains!
- big soup-making arugula
- green beans
- large and two small cucumbers
- green acres thai eggplants*
- green acres carrots*
- lots of broccoli
- farmgirl organics golden beets*
- crimini and oyster mushrooms*
- green onions
- the best cabbage I have ever had, picked this morning (see below, all four slaws)
- collard greens
- non-chioggia Italian heirloom beets
- cucumbers large and small
This week the CSA box was big, but we also had plans for someone or other to come over on Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday. So I had to supplement with a few extra exciting things.
- 4 cole slaws: szechuan [with broccoli, cabbageturnip, chili oil, sesame oil, and a bit of soy sauce], thai [with basil, mint, peanuts, tomato, chile, and lots of fish sauce], american [with creamy mustardy dressing, peas, and raisins], hungarian [with onion]
- the lamb kibbe I've been meaning to make for a month. The ground lamb is now defrosted.
- sautéed zucchini with lemon and garlic
- caldo verde or caldo gallego (some soup with chorizo/chouriço and kale)
- corn fritter of some kind (probably a couple kinds, with onion or zucchini)
- tofu marsala with lots of mushroomy goodness
- omelet with bacon and mushrooms (and a touch of chile paste)
Posted by Michael Malecki at 10:48 PM